Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys,Have a small office I need to setup with a few requirements. I need to replace some unmanaged switches with one or two managed devices to better facilitate bandwith and general managment. There will be 5/6 VLANS (VOIP, Users, Wifi, CCTV ect),...

Recently got a 2950 24 port to replace my "dumb hub". Figured it would be nice to practice my cisco on it. I completely reset everything. atm, all I am doing is trying to set it up to be a dumb hub....My network tri looks like   MODEM---->router---->...

Dear All,One of my wi-fi site having 2nos cisco 2950 switchs. in that network some D-link unmanageble swithes also there and access points also connected to cisco switchs and D-link switchs.after one or two days i am not able to connect the wi-fi, th...

Srinivas N by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco COmmunity:In the below setup the CISCO 2600 router is not synchronizing with external NTP serverPLease helpJohnSetup:INTERNET ISP router ======CISCO ASA5505(10.1.1.2)======fa0/1CISCO 2600fa0/0=====UsersThe goal is to synchronize the 2600 with a...

johnramz by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! CAT4510R-E issues.

The customer has a cat4510r-e with a 7-E supervisor. Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500e-UNIVERSAL-M), Version 03.03.00.SG RELEASE .several questions: 1. what means this message in the show run output: " Li...

We have been receiving these notifications on one of our core.Jun 28 12:54:01: %MAC_MOVE-SP-4-NOTIF: Host b407.f9c3.3c51 in vlan 56 is flapping between port Po5 and port Te7/2Jun 28 12:54:01: %MAC_MOVE-SP-4-NOTIF: Host 145a.05c8.0ed3 in vlan 802 is f...

dpatkins by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm trying to configure the GigabitEthernet interface of the WS-C2960 switch to have a full duplex. Unfortunately, there is no option to configure this neither is the speed of that interface. But these options are present in FastEthernet ports. ...

Hello,We currently have the following Cisco Catalyst 4507 core switch:cisco WS-C4507R (MPC8245) processor (revision 5) with 524288K bytes of memory.MPC8245 CPU at 333Mhz, Supervisor IVWe are currently undergoing a process to have BGP implemented. Our...

Just received one of these switches. My understanding is the 10G ports on the WS-X4908-10G-RJ45 should be able to connect to a 1 G port on another switch.However I can not get this to happpen. Using either a crossover or straight through cable.

dlance by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all experts.When i telnet to my router's ssh port, this is what i getSSH-1.99-Cisco-1.25Is there anyway from preventing this banner to appear ??

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello.I need your help to learn about QOS...I need to configure the C3560-24TS, QoS control by IP or subnet.i tried to study books and videos many times but still feel i am not well known about QOs...can you tell me what is best and which way is good...