Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Forwarding for Internal Network

Hello,

Im currently building an alarm system. The system devices use TCP port 16887. For example,

Site IP is 10.3.4.3
Workstation IP is 10.3.4.2

Default Gateway is 10.3.4.1

I managed to have successful ping using CMD.
Is there a way for me to program my switch to make route from 10.3.4.3 to 10.3.4.2 using port 16887?

The system only inside LAN. I have used NMAP and confirmed my workstation has port 16887

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As both systems are on same subnet the packets does not even cross router.An additional check you can do is - disable any Antivirus on the PC and try (as you mentioned firewall is already disabled).

If this still fails, may be configuration issue from Alarm system end. The best way to prove is to install 'wireshark' on your PC and capture requests to Alarms system. You will see all necessary information. If you are unsure on analyzing wireshark capture, post it in forum. Someone will look into that for you.

Thx

MS

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

What are you trying to achieve? Please clarify what the problem is. It seems 10.3.4.3 and 10.2.4.2  are on the same network and should be able to communicate. If you can ping from workstation to 10.3.4.3, then your network should be configured correctly.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

The alarm system equipment supposed to be able to communicate with the software inside the workstation. The system vendor said, it probably the listening port (16887) is closed, but i check with NMAP, the port is open.

Is it possible to get succesful ping if the port is blocked?

As both systems are on same subnet the packets does not even cross router.An additional check you can do is - disable any Antivirus on the PC and try (as you mentioned firewall is already disabled).

If this still fails, may be configuration issue from Alarm system end. The best way to prove is to install 'wireshark' on your PC and capture requests to Alarms system. You will see all necessary information. If you are unsure on analyzing wireshark capture, post it in forum. Someone will look into that for you.

Thx

MS

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Muhammad,

I replied to your other posting. Did you check the Firewall settings? 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13178191/adding-tcp-port-layer-3-and-layer-2-switch

Thx

MS

Yes, i have check the workstation firewall setting, i have turn it off.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card