cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Forwarding via SSH

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

I want to SSH into a Cisco 1841 router and depending on the suffix added to the SSH (i.e ssh myrouter.myroute.com 2002), would like it to forward this request to a terminal server.

Can this be done?  If so, how does one accomplish this?  I have done something similar with RDP but I was not sure about SSH.

Thank you

Dwane                  

4 Replies 4

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Should be done the same way if your translating the port inbound. You can change the default ssh port on your 1841 with:

ip ssh port

Otherwise, you'll do your standard nat statements listening on the port that you want and then translating that port inbound:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.20 22 5.5.5.5 2020

When you ssh into 5.5.5.5 2020 it will redirect to 192.168.1.20 on 22.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hi,

I know its thee year longs post, but if I want to achieve  i.e.ssh on 1.1.1.1 ip on port 22 through port translation to port 1000 but keeping ip same i.e 1.1.1.1 then how I would achieve it?

I have already done below mentioned thing.but no success.

ip nat inside source static tcp 1.1.1.1 22 1.1.1.1 1000

Parvesh Paliwal
Level 3
Level 3

Agree with blakley.         

I will test this today.  Thank you all.  I have a question about SSH into an 1841.  How does this need to be configured if I would like to use a 3rd party certificate like a Comodo certificate?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: