Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI have a route link between 2 sites, Its a 5G on a 10G Bearer. The Switch ports on either side are 10G ports. I want to apply some sort of traffic shaping to allow a maximum of 5G over the link. Considering its 10G ports and 5G link. Topology is as...

Hope to get some help on this: I have a dell poweredge R720 Server with a broadcom NIC, It's a Virtual Host running 3 diff VM's on it. The server has 4 Adapter connections to two diff Cisco 3750 Switches which have flapping ports. The Switchports are...

For the Cisco 2960s there are two main Images in the 15.0 tree available - the 15.0(2)SE and the 15.0(2)EX.Cisco lists some differences on the comparison-page[¹], but some aren't. For example the ENT-SENSOR-MIB is available for the EX-Images but not ...

Hi Guys, Currently my company is running L2 VPLS and we have 6500 switches in one of our branches. We are planning to relocate this branch to a new location. As an interim, we like to extend the L2 to the new office and purchasing 3750x switches. My ...

stharmal by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllPlease advise on the following:- Without port-security configured, MACs per interface are learnt as "Dynamic" entries and the global CAM aging timer applies (300 seconds) unless tweaked manually. - With switchport port-security enabled (without...

Question,By accident I had configured an IP HELPER-ADDRESS on a VLAN interface pointing to a DHCP server with an IP addrees in the same VLAN ( ip subnet ).Some users had complaints and there were BAD ADDRESS entries in our DHCP server registered.Can ...

vancampdax by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,We are experiencing an issue which seems to contradict itself on a stack of 3 switches. The issue we are seeing does not seem to be very well described in the Cisco documentation, if merely shows the status exists, but not if it's good or bad...

mikezamb1 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an issue. I need to measure the bandwidth  use in a hospital. They basically dont have any administration. They have a few switches , Wireless and everything goes to the same  Internet exit. However one of the doctors have a VPN with a  firewa...

HelloI have a strange issue where a "show ip arp" only populates local addresses but does not populate with addresses learnt on interfaces in that VLAN. For example, vlan 10 has dozens of IP addresses attached on individual access ports. If I ping th...

Hi All please see belowThe WS-F6700-DFC3C is showing on show module 9 but is missing from the show inventory command, would anyone know if this is just a cosmetic issueslot 9 #sh modMod Ports Card Type                              Model              ...

billybong by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am setting up a 4900M for a temporary training class, for 1Gb connected client PCs.  I used a 10Gb interface with an X2-10G-SR which will connect via 62.5 micron fiber, to a 4948 10Gb interface with an SFP-10Gb-SR.  As for the config, I have the 49...

de fl by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes