Views
Helpful
Replies

Port mirroring on FEX (Catalyst 6880x)

g.ska
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I try to configure "port mirroring" on a Catalyst 6880x with FEX (6800ia) but it doesn't work. I don't receive data in wireshark. Could you tell me if something is missing in my configuration:

monitor session 1 source interface gi108/1/0/13 both (source)

monitor session 1 destination interface gi101/1/0/25 (laptop with wireshark)

I don't know if I have to configure SPAN or RSPAN with FEX on catalyst switch. Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Gregory.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello Gregory,

I would like to answer this , the behaviour is stil lthe same for the Nexus switches. You cannot have fex port as a SPAN destination.

HTH

Regards,

Inayath

View solution in original post

Greg,

Sure thanks for the update.

Could you please mark the thread as answered if you dont have any further queries so that others be benefited with this info rather than leaving this thread as unanswered.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Inayath

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Gregory,

I belive FEX port cannot be configured as a SPAN destination. Switch port can be configured as a SPAN destination

Check out the below link for information.

SPAN with Fex

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it Helps

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you for the answer. Do you know if it's the same behavior with FEX in Catalyst or Nexus switches?

Best regards,

Greg.

Hello Gregory,

I would like to answer this , the behaviour is stil lthe same for the Nexus switches. You cannot have fex port as a SPAN destination.

HTH

Regards,

Inayath

Hi,

Well I see. So I will try another way to do it. ;-)

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

Greg.

Greg,

Sure thanks for the update.

Could you please mark the thread as answered if you dont have any further queries so that others be benefited with this info rather than leaving this thread as unanswered.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Inayath

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card