cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-Security with a router switch module (i.e. HWIC-4ESW)

qbakies11
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1941 that I am going to deploy with a HWIC-D-9ESW switch module (I only need 3 switch ports but need the PoE).  I am going to hang a 1262 autonomous AP off one of the ports but I need to configure MAC address port-security so that only that AP can pass traffic.  I know the switch modules are 'almost' exactly like a switch for commands but I can't seem to enable or configure any port-security settings.  Is port-security no available on the switch modules?

Router IOS is CISCO1941-SEC/K9 running IOS 15.0(1)M2.  I found the following article on configuring the switch modules but it doesn't say anything about port-security.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/12_3t8/feature/guide/esw_cfg.html#wp1046695

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a Command in the same link you provided to enable port security for vlans.

The following example shows port security being configured in the MAC address table.

Router(config)# mac-address-table secure 0000.1111.2222 fa0/1/2 vlan 3

Router(config)# end

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a Command in the same link you provided to enable port security for vlans.

The following example shows port security being configured in the MAC address table.

Router(config)# mac-address-table secure 0000.1111.2222 fa0/1/2 vlan 3

Router(config)# end

HTH

So once I input a MAC address as 'secure' and assign it to a port and vlan only traffic from that MAC is allowed on that port?  There are no other commands to enable this?  What happens if a different MAC does try to pass traffic on that port?

Never test this before, but I think if a different MAC address try to pass traffic, it will disable/or put the port in errodisable mode.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card