Views
Helpful
Replies

Port security

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears

Apart from switchport port security is there any way that PC's should not move from one port to another, becz I am using dot1x on the port and switchport port security is not supported with dot1x as per cisco recommends that we should not use both features on one port.

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Kevin SAS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

However, it should work, have you already tried it ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12-2/50sg/configuration/guide/Wrapper-46SG/dot1x.pdf

page 16

Don't know any other function like port-security

Dear,

In IOS version 15.X the port security and dot1.x commands doesn't supports together on the port.

thanks

anybody knows how I can achieve the port security sticky feature of switch if I m  using dot1x on the switch.

thanks

Depending on the IOS firmware version you are running and if you are using the IBNS 2.0 syntax, then you could use the access-session mac-move deny global command. More info here

Failing that you could limit the number of simultaneous user sessions, link

Thanks RJI,

U r the expert,

the link you provided is very helpful I have rated 5 , but my switches are 3750E with maximum ios which can be load is 12.2 (58),

From the ISE I can block the user maximum session but that will not stop the movement of the PC from one switch to another.

Hello,

I think your 3750E switches support c3750e-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SE11.bin. Have you tried installing that version ?

Dear

I m on the same IOS as mentioned.

thanks

Hello,

I think in the older 12.2 versions (link to the command reference below), 'no authentication mac-move permit' is the f=default. According to the command reference, "if MAC move is disabled, and an authenticated host moves to another port, it is not reauthenticated, and a violation error occurs"

So, you wouldn't even need port security...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12-2_55_se/commmand/reference/3750cr/cli1.html

Dears

Thanks for the reply, It didn't worked for me on 3750 switches.

Dear Experts

so I shld conclude Cisco  don't have any solution for dot1x and port security to work together ???

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card