Views
Helpful
Replies

Power Bug on 3750G??

faris.y.b
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have an AP that functions on 802.3at (PoE+) but my switch (Catalyst 3750G 24 running OS 12.2, w/PoE ports)  provides 802.3af only, so i got a power injector that provides AT and disabled power inline for port where my AP is terminated. but my AP was still receiving AF power, is this a bug to provide power even when disabled?, i tired to disable LLDP in an effort to stop power negotiation on the port but command was not recognized. my AP worked only when i disabled power globally but i have other devices that need power from the switch ports.

Is there something i can change on switch port where AP is terminated to truly disable power and power negotiation, would disabling CDP help?

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

issue the following command on that specific port

Switch(config)# interface {fastethernet | 
gigabitethernet} slot/port 
Switch(config-if)# power inline {auto [max 
milli-watts] | never | static [max 
milli-watts]}

NOTE: In second command use "never" option to disable inline power for that port.

I have used power inline never command on the interface, and checked that it was disabled, my AP was still receiving AF power ?!

shutdown the port and then issue the above mentioned command and also disable CDP and then bring interface up.

let me know after doing this.

• (config)#int gi1/0/14
    (config-if)#shut
    (config-if)#power inline never
    (config-if)#no cdp enable
    (config-if)#no shutdown
  • AP still inactive

How come the LLDP command is not recognized, i wanted to disable it to stop power negotiation, does switch need license for it?

Is there another command to shut power delivery from port other than 'power inline never'?

Is this a power bug in this model? other models did not have this issue.

Dear what is the interface debug command ?

i want to debug power inline and check if switch is still providing PoE even when never command was used  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card