Views
Helpful
Replies

Power Surge zapped 2 poe ports

h1pp13p373
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Y'all,

I hope this is the right place to post a hardware problem.  We had a storm and power surge yesterday and it seemed to cause 2 of my switch ports on a Cisco SG350-10p to stop providing PoE, but strangely they will still pass traffic.  Non-PoE devices work fine.  I have tested with a known good device, and all 6 other PoE ports work, just not 5 and 8.  When I do plug in a device, the PoE light just doesn't come on, of course no link light either, and the port just shows as down.

Has anyone experienced a similar failure?  Could I maybe replace the port module if that's the issue?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

from what you are saying, it sounds like the ports that don't provide PoE anymore have suffered physical damage. The SG350 is a fixed port switch, so there is nothing (no module) that can be replaced. Unless of course you want to open the chassis and are able to check (and fix) the non-working ports.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

from what you are saying, it sounds like the ports that don't provide PoE anymore have suffered physical damage. The SG350 is a fixed port switch, so there is nothing (no module) that can be replaced. Unless of course you want to open the chassis and are able to check (and fix) the non-working ports.

That makes sense, thanks!  I'm just glad they still work as regular ports. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card