Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello friends, from what I understand storm-control only filters inbound broadcasts.   In the topology I have attached, does anyone recommend the best place to configure storm control?  we have a lot of building access switches and recently had a bro...

Amafsha1 by Level 2
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Network infrastructure consists of multiple stores connected with MPLS, everything back hauled to our data center for internet and resources. Every store has a router and a switch on premise, except for one which i will get to in a moment. Every rout...

johnny_5 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a question (first of many). I should mention that I'm new to networking so I apologize in advance if my question is stupid or does not make sense. I'm trying to understand how multiple switches can connect to a single switch (what i bel...

Fespino1 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hello, we are planning to redesign our internet and this time instead of leveraging the dist/core switch for connecting the firewall and WAN throught L2/L3, there was a suggestion made to place a breakout switch between the core switch, the firewalls...

NETAD by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,Can you guys help on how to do firmware on WS-C3750X-24S-S stack? I found other link but it didn't help. I have .bin file already downloaded and i plan on upgrading this stack via USB.  Thank you all for you time. 

Respected Everyone,I am completely new with the Switch and currently working on it.Focus: '' PTP Communication based on Layer 2 (MAC) between CISCO Nexus N9K 93108TC-FX Switch and Slave Sensor ! Problem: Slave Sensor is able establish Communcation ba...

Resolved! Subnetting

I was going through subnetting. I turn into a doubt.As per books and tutors.ClassA can have mask from /8 to /32 and have variable subnets and same for next two classesClass B can have from /16 to /32Class C can have from /24 to /32 My question is , C...

Anmol7 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is best practice when it comes to upgrading Cisco IOS? I have a production router that needs to be upgraded from version 3 to 16 but since it is my first time, I am worried that I may end up breaking it. Is it generally safe to do the upgrade?

IS34lyf by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hellois there anyone who can explain me:1) SNMP trap and informs (the difference/similarity between them etc)? 2) And how to configure SNMPv3 on nexus switch? Or please explain me SNMP in general or can you give me a link to a good explained guide? 3...

incognito by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Seems as if no matter what I do, configs to all my nodes in a topology are not save. I always choose "extract configs" and "close terminal windows" and choose "overwrite" existing file or even not choose to overwrite, but upon launching simulation of...

I am having a bit of a contemplation. Most things I read say to put a root bridge (per VLAN) as the Core Switch. I know most, if not all, the configurations about spanning-tree and root bridges and the election process. My question is would it be bet...

I'm setting up a lab, pfSense router -> c3750 as core -> access switch 3750 as switch1.I've set the vlan 101 on the core switch, enabled DHCP on the vlan 101. DHCP is working well.I've setup the route on the core switch, I can reach the router and th...

Hello, I need to first preface that I have a brain injury, so if I forgot to post any details here, I will be happy too do so.  I a, setting up a "new"-to me Cisco 3560X with the upgraded E image:  show ver:Cisco IOS Software, C3560E Software (C3560E...