cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Primary/Secondary Nexus 5672UP Chassis vPC

wwwillster07
Level 1
Level 1

If I have two 10Gig SFP setup in a port channel (vPC) from both my Primary Nexus 5k and my Secondary Nexus 5K going back to my core switch which is a 6807 VSS, so a primary and secondary but it's logically one switch.

So one port on the Nexus primary goes to the 6807 primary and one to the 6807 secondary.

And one port on the Nexus secondary to the 6807 primary and one to the 6807 secondary.

The question is in this setup what is the actual bandwidth between the 2 switches?  Is it 40gig...or is it 20Gig (with the other 20Gig being in standby)

Someone asked and I was kinda caught off guard, the set up works so i know they config is sound, i just wasn't sure how the bandwidth was actually being used.  Hope that makes sense....thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure I follow when you say 20Gbps in standby ? 

Each switch can transmit 20Gbps and receive 20Gbps or if you want to use Cisco figures 40Gbps each because the connection is full duplex. 

Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure I follow when you say 20Gbps in standby ? 

Each switch can transmit 20Gbps and receive 20Gbps or if you want to use Cisco figures 40Gbps each because the connection is full duplex. 

Jon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card