Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem accessing shared drive with 2 VLANs on SG350

Warashes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I got a Cisco SG350 switch recently and i wanted it to manage my VLAN's as follow :

I got a Windows 10 PC (192.168.20.10) on which i have a Virtual machine also on Windows 10 (192.168.10.10) connected through the same NIC into the SG350. I also have another PC still on windows 10 (192.168.1.101). I linked VLAN 20 to the 192.168.20.10 and VLAN 10 to the VM 192.168.10.10. I created the interfaces properly and i can go to the internet on all the PC's and i can ping each PC or VM from any other machine. The problem i have is i have a shared drive on the win 10 pc 192.168.20.10 and i cannot see it from any other PC although i can ping the PC it is on. If i put the switch in factory setting with no VLAN's i of course see the shared drive again.

Anyone has any idea why is it so ?

Thanks for your help.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Windows 10 by default have FW on, try to disable and test.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi, sorry for the late answer. I forgot to say that yes the windows 10 Firewall was disabled at the time but i still could'nt see the shared drive. Anyone knows what may be the problem ?

Thanks 

Can you post the output

when you try from run \\IP address\sharedrive ?  - what is the error you get?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello
How are you trying to access the share, Ip or dns name, does it work if you use the IP of the host as you have stated you can ping all hosts?

Do you have a A host record for the share or a dns server resolution?

You could also try enabling ip directed broadcast on the SVI of the vlans and test again

int vlan xx
ip directed broadcast

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card