cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with pings cisco packet tracer.

Themrresen
Level 1
Level 1

hello everyone, I've recently started studying cisco and they sent me an exercise that I have to do for class, after looking for solutions for a long time I can't understand what the problem is and why I can't do some pings from several computers . (I always get failed)

Could someone check it and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

(here is the file, the language is catalan in case anyone wants to translate the instructions that the teacher has sent me)

I did from step 1 to step 4, from 5 I did not understand very well and maybe i made mistakes (in case you want to check)

(the ping part im looking for complete is the step number

Thank you all, hope you can help me solve this ^^ (srry if i placed on the wrong section, don't rlly know where i need to place it)

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

adding IPs on interfaces are mentioned in step 1 and 4.  you got 93% done per PT but  you forgot no shutdown command on some of serial interfaces. and hostname of R2 is missing.

step 5, 6 are default route and static route.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

links are Red ?  means down, you need to bring them UP with no shut command.

Regards, ML

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

toolsdr
Level 1
Level 1

I have facing same issue i have searched the solution in amny videos, doc and other platforms. If you get the solution then please let me know too. Any kind of help would be appreciated thanks in advance. Toolsdr

hope someone can help us friend, probably someone see the post in the next days and help us i will send you a message ^^

Our friend Martin solved it, check it dude ^^

Martin L
VIP
VIP

I think step 5 is to add default ip route 0/0 ending with 17.16.0.2  and not Serial0/0/0 on ISP router. 

then, add static routes so that u can do pings mentioned in step 8.  Here, with static routes u must use the interface name and not IP, like ip route a.b.c.d m.m.m.m serial0/0/0

Regards, ML

hmm I'm not understanding very well what you mean by adding static routes, the same with what you tell me above, could you put an image to understand it better?

I feel very stupid since most of what I learn is self-taught, since teachers do not answer questions and I am very lost

static routes are in form of ip route destination network id, plus musk and direction either exit interface or next hop IP.  Static route will require lots of work since you must tell a router about each network you want to reach.  Since every communication is 2-way, you will need a route back to source.

For example: in order for PC A to ping PC C, you need 2 routes: R1 needs

ip route 172.20.0.0 255.255.0.0 Serial0/0/0 and

ip route 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0 Serial0/1/0 on R2

add those 2 and ping A to C.

Regards, ML

I did what you told me in the answer, but I still can't ping from PC A to PC C

Themrresen_0-1668266280357.pngThemrresen_1-1668266300452.png

links are Red ?  means down, you need to bring them UP with no shut command.

Regards, ML

thank you for your help i really aprecciate it ^^, this was the answer, anyways i don't undertand about the command 

ip route 172.20.0.0 255.255.0.0 Serial0/0/0, now i have to do PC-E and correct me if im wrong but i need to do same ip route to 21 instead .20 right? i guess now i understand it, you help me a lot ^^

Yes, network ID and mask you want to reach plus exit interface or next hop IP.   although not asked, enter all static routes needed to reach D to G and G to E. if u can ping those, you understand static routing.  Remove those before doing step 9

Regards, ML

i show you what i did on every device, maybe this way you can help me better (on R1 instead 172. i placed 17. (ISP IP) 

Themrresen_1-1668265061892.pngThemrresen_2-1668265103575.png

Themrresen_3-1668265197273.pngThemrresen_4-1668265220496.png

This are all commands i did on every device, (i configured too ip, mask and gateway on each computer, as you can see when you click)

adding IPs on interfaces are mentioned in step 1 and 4.  you got 93% done per PT but  you forgot no shutdown command on some of serial interfaces. and hostname of R2 is missing.

step 5, 6 are default route and static route.

Regards, ML

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card