Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with PortChannel

sisaic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configurate a portchannel between two Cisco switches WS-C2960+24PC-L, and I have the following message:

Mar 5 15:06:49.280: %EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Gi0/1 is not compatible with Gi0/2 and will be suspended (speed of Gi0/1 is 1000M, Gi0/2 is 100M)

The thing is that I have the same config on both siwtches, on the four interfaces and portchannel, and when I try to change the speed it doesn't even recognise the command "speed ..."

Theese are old, maybe I'm missing something?

The configuration on both sw:

SW(config-if)#do sh run inter g0/1
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 154 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
switchport trunk native vlan 999
switchport mode trunk
shutdown
channel-group 2 mode active
end

SW(config-if)#do sh run inter g0/2

Current configuration : 144 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/2
switchport mode trunk
channel-group 2 mode active
end

SW(config-if)#do sh run inter po2

Current configuration : 128 bytes
!
interface Port-channel2
switchport mode trunk
spanning-tree link-type point-to-point
end

Thank you in advance

Regards,

7 Replies 7

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Try take the interfaces out of the PO temporarily and hardset the speed on the physical ports then put them back into the PO with channel command and see if that works

is there anything in between like a patch panel or is this direct switch to switch ?

Mark, I tryed that but looks like the speed command doesn't exist. I tryed take the interfaces out of the Po and even create a new Po but is always the same. And yes, there is a couple of patch pannels between them.

is that a fibre port your using that would explian why no speed as you cant set speed on fibre only copper , i see those switches are 24 FE and 2 GB
have you tried another cable and also tried to change the patch port , id say its something inbetween is casuing teh negotiation not to got o 1000mb quick test unrack the switch and bring to the other switch plug it direct see if it works that will tell you fault is sdomewhere in line

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

1. Default reset to gi0/2 interface on both switches with command "default interface gig0/2"

2. Change the media and use cat6 cable. 

Try again. This is speed mismatch issue. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi, I've already tryed to default reset but is the same. We try to interchange the patchcords but with the same result. We couldn't check the strcutured cable between rooms. That's why I'm looking on the configuration in the mean while I know this is a speed mismatch, and first of all I tryed to change it manually, but I couldn't because it says unrecognised command. Maybe the syntax is different on this switch model...

Perhaps Speed command isn't supported if the is a LANBase feature set.

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Will you please post the "sh inv" command output.

Thanks & Regards,

Antonin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card