Replies

PT MultiUser connection problems

davidbrett
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Is there a known problem with the multi user connection

I can set this up on one laptop or one pc no problems

I am have problems doing it over a network, in fact three different networks all have problems.

I am not new to networking or Cisco environment.

All firewalls turned off.

Router has port 38000 activated.

I am using Netstat to watch the commmunication between two devices and nothing happens. They are not trying to communicate.

Both devices can ping each other they are in the same network.

I have used four different devices one is on windows 10 one is on windows 11, and mixed them up but two normal windows 10 devices cannot communicate across the network.

Have I missed anything

14 Replies 14

Martin L
VIP
VIP

are you using same NetAcademy login for those multiple instances of PT? maybe that is the issue.  Also, could be recent PT update if u using the latest version; I think during installment of PT, they ask something about multi-user connection/option.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

OK; thank you, I will try different logins thank you. Get back on this.

So two different logins still did not work, I have unistalled and reinstalled PT:

Hello,

I assume the Windows firewalls on your PCs were turned off as well ? What router is in between those networks ?

And does the multiuser work for clients on the SAME network ?

Both windows 10 laptops have the windows firewall turned off. Both laptops are the same version of PT and windows.

I have tried with three routers that did not work so I went with a crossover cable between the laptop and both can ping each other no problems.

In Netstat both laptops are not registering port 38000.

I

Hello,

let me test this here...will get back with you...

Great thanks

The PT Multiuser works on the same laptop no problems. The two laptops are in the same network I have my school network and my home network and both do not work. with it cabled it should work no problems:

Hello,

I have two laptops on the same network, Laptop_1 and Laptop_2. 2 can see 1, but 1 can only see itself. Odd. I am doing some further research...

Hello,

I found out that you need to run the exact same version of Packet Tracer on all multiuser participants. Apparently you cannot mix versions.

Hi Georg, I have the same PT on both Laptops ... did your work?

davidbrett
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE!

I unistalled all version of PT and reloaded just 7.2.2, this worked across the network no problems as it should do.

All Laptops are connect to the same network and can ping each other and the Multi User in PT 7.2.2 works fine.

However When I unistalled 7.2.2 and reinstalled 8.0.1 then I could not do it! This is a CISCO PT issues! How to get CISCO to look at this. I am going to try their beta version and get back on!

davidbrett
Level 1
Level 1

Another update, I loaded the Beta version of PT 8.1.1 this gave the same response...... I have sent an email to packettracersupport@external.cisco.com

Hello david brett ,

first , you have to go to extensions > multiuser> start listen

through cloud > outgoing > enter ip for other laptop and password

try it i hope it work

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card