cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QinQ etherchannel

johntsai
Level 1
Level 1

消息编辑者为:JOHN TSAI Many thanks for all of your reply . Please check the network scenario. Actually , my final purpose is let the three VLAN66 work together .

7 Replies 7

JohnTylerPearce
Level 7
Level 7

Johntsai,

If you're talking about will QinQ support etherchanneling, then your answer is yes. QinQ does suppose EtherChanels.

From the perspective of the switch, it doesn't take into consideration, all the switcehs between its site and another site, it just thinks its a direct connection

Obviously you will need to include lacp and pagp protocols, at the switches that include the 'switchport mode dot1q-tunnel' command.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Q in Q is point-to-point. If you want to do point-to-multipoint you need to use VPLS

HTH

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Duh.... Thanks for clarifying Reza. I forgot Q-in-Q is point-to-point.

Reza and John,

Pardon my ignorance here - but are you absolutely sure that QinQ is point-to-point? As far as I have always understood this technology, it should be a multipoint service. The principle behind QinQ is double tagging but the original address fields (the source and destination MAC) addresses remain exposed to all switches and double-tagged frames are switched just like any other frames, including flooding and possible multi-destination addressing.

There may be issues with LACP or PAgP on the access to the QinQ service (this session may in effect be point-to-point between the CE and PE switch) but the basic QinQ connectivity is any-to-any to my best understanding.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi John and Peter,

My apologies. You are both correct. Q in Q can be both point-to-point or point-to-multipoint. I was thinking about other layer 2 technologies like AToM, EoMPLS, Martini, etc.. that are just point-to-point.

OP, John,

Here is a sample config that you can apply to the 3750s.

http://ieoc.com/forums/t/16215.aspx

HTH

Many thanks for all of your reply .

Please check the network scenario. (QinQ etherchannel.ppt )

Actually , my final purpose is let the three VLAN66 work together .

JohnTylerPearce
Level 7
Level 7

That was a great read, thanks for posting

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card