Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos not marking packets

Farooq Muhammad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have implemented a QoS in a network with 3560x switches as shown in the attached template.QoS is implemented for only single vlan 11 whose SVI is in the Distribution Switch 4507.

The ports are not marking packets .It is not even showing packets incrementing in  Default Qos Policy.

Any input plz.

Regards,

Farooq.

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey your ports are not set to mark traffic there set to carry it looking at your config ,are your source devices marking the packets correctly if you span a phone port. what phones rae you using Cisco ?

what does the sh mls qos interface gx/x statistics show

Hi Mark ,

The end devices are not IP Phones actually they are desktop agents using voice Apps . In my config what i have tried the port to do is :

trust any marking already done to packets ( as the agents app guy told it is marking with dscp 46)

or in case app is not marking then catch the voice packets using port information and mark it dscp 46.

Please correct  if some mistake.

I tried even with and without this command.

mls qos trust dscp

SW#sh mls qos interface gi 0/7
GigabitEthernet0/7
Attached policy-map for Ingress: VOIP-TRAFFIC-POLICY
trust state: trust dscp
trust mode: trust dscp
trust enabled flag: ena
COS override: dis
default COS: 0
DSCP Mutation Map: Default DSCP Mutation Map
Trust device: none
qos mode: port-based

Now port gi 0/3 is without trust command.

SW#sh mls qos interface gi 0/3
GigabitEthernet0/3
Attached policy-map for Ingress: VOIP-TRAFFIC-POLICY
trust state: not trusted
trust mode: not trusted
trust enabled flag: ena
COS override: dis
default COS: 0
DSCP Mutation Map: Default DSCP Mutation Map
Trust device: none
qos mode: port-based

I dont see any issue with your config its telling the port to trust packets marked with EF46 which is correct for voice but you need to confirm packets from the voice app are actually  marking the packets correctly as the port is only set to trust incoming markings already alpplied

so the next step is span a port where the agent app is connected and make sure the packets from that subnet are showing EF beside then

the attcahed pic is what you should see on any pavcket cioming from the agent app, just because they say there marking it i would confirm

another option is stick a cisco phone into the port and it should confirm your congif for you asd it will start generating ef voice traffic when used this will prove out your config

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card