Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear Sir, All of our Lan pcs are connected to 2960X L2 Switch . 2960X Switch is connected to 1921 router. From two days I am getting high latency when trying to ping the switch or the gateway router. Will you please suggest how to troubleshoot the is...

Resolved! HSRP configuraiton

Hi, I am new in HSRP configuration, please help me to come out from this issue. I have one cisco 2800 Router and two Layer 2 Switch 2960 Cisco.I have been told to make one switch redundant. if switch one goes down and traffic should flow to router fr...

Hi, I have implemented a QoS in a network with 3560x switches as shown in the attached template.QoS is implemented for only single vlan 11 whose SVI is in the Distribution Switch 4507. The ports are not marking packets .It is not even showing packet...

we have installed the switch and wireless lan conctroller and enter management IP, how to uninstall the switch and wireless lan controller as we need to return this switch and WLC to our vendor

hi all, i have install 1 switch 2960x for my company but have a problem as : when i ping that switch ping always <1 ms but somestime have request timeout. i already checking cable , port is ok.  Pls give me solution fix it if you have ideal . Thanks ...

I hope this is in the right forum... Alright everyone, I have a bit of an issue here...  I am attempting to put a Cisco 2821 router onto my home network, yes home lol. I'm trying to do this for a learning process as well as use this enterprise level ...

Aerone803 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am going to be setting up OSPF in my network and it has been while since I have done OSPF from the ground up. if my address associated with the ospf link is 1.1.1.1 /24 and I ahve 3 other networks configured on it: 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 19...

I use ip-helper to forward DHCP broadcasts from all of my vlans to a Microsoft 2012 dhcp server. In my CCNP switch training, i recently came across option 82 and would like to clarify its intended purpose. Is option 82 and ip-helper the same thing? I...

Resolved! 100 mbit hubs?

Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could answer my question, as I've been pondering about it for a while now. This has something to do about modern hubs and their functionality. I'm aware that hubs can only run at half duplex because of the...

Tsubakura by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have enabled HSRP on 2 Layer 3 switches A and B.They both connect to different layer 2 switches.Layer 3 switches  A and B connect directly with each other on gi 1 and 2 ports.Switch A has standby ip priority config for vlan 10 and 20 as 150 ...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We replaced 4 4506 cabinets running the WS-X45-SUP7-E Supervisor Boards on Version 03.06.03.E with Enterprise Services Licenses. We replaced two of the cabinets about 2 weeks ago these cabinets were the switches that the Wyse Terminals were directly ...

Hi All, I have a question on monitor capture feature of switch which can capture the packets on teh fly and then you can view it in hex dump or export to pcap format The two options I see are capture process switching and capture cef . with proces...

cisco8887 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes