Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about catalyst 3650 and fabric storage

goransh_pc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a question regarding fabric storage and cisco catalyst switch 3650.

My plan is connecta a esxi server to a nexus switch and then to a san storage. I want add a new switch to have a redundant link between esxi and the storage.

Can I use a cisco catalyst 3650 with a fiber conecction to connect the HBA esxi server card  to 3650 sw and the SAN storage to the 3650 sw ?

Thank you so much !!!!!!

2 Replies 2

Good morning Konsu Loss

This module supports SFP (fiber) conections, in case that your switch serie doesn’t have a SFP card you can get one and use a card converter.

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Hi Johnnatan,

I have the SFP connection at 1 GB on the switch 3650, but my cuestion is: If I can use this switch to connect a SAN storage and a esxi server.

I have verything else, the switch, the HBA cards, the SAN, the SFP connectors, the LC fiber cables.

But I dont know if I can use this switch for figure out this kind of conecction, beacuse I notice that in the nexus you can create zoning and other features that I am not sure that I can find this features on the 3650.

Anyway I just need a connection for backup connection, so this features are not so important at this time for the 3650 if it has or not those featires.

Thank you so much !!!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card