cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

question nexus 7000 old chassis upgrade.

fly
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

we want replace sup-1 on old chassis 7009 to sup-2/sup-2E

fabric card is fabric-1

does sup-2/sup-2E compatible with fabric-1? does i need replace fabric-1 with fabric-2 card?

can  old module  F1 m1  card coexsit with sup-2、sup2e  fabric-2?

thank you

tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

It depends on the modules you have on the switch. For example, if you have "N7K-M148GS-11" this module works with fab-1, 2, and also sup-1, 2, and 2e but it is not compatible with 7004 chassis.

HTH 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tom,

Have a look at the compatibility matrix (first section), describing the modules that work with both fabric-1 and 2. It appears that most modules work with both sups and fabric cards, but not all.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus7000/sw/matrix/technical/reference/Module_Comparison_Matrix.pdf

HTH

Hi Dear Reza

I want to know if cu doesn't replace fab-1 just replace sup-1 with sup2/sup2e ,  is fab-1 compatible with sup-2/sup-2E?

thank you!

Tom

Hi,

It depends on the modules you have on the switch. For example, if you have "N7K-M148GS-11" this module works with fab-1, 2, and also sup-1, 2, and 2e but it is not compatible with 7004 chassis.

HTH 

Thank you

I suggest cu replace fab-1 with fab-2  , and sup-1 with sup-2e ,      and keep old module and chassis

thank you

Tom 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card