Views
Helpful
Replies

Random "Silent Reloads" Catalyst C1000-8T-2G-L

kurt_faeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

My colleague experiences random "Silent Reloads" with a number of devices of the Switch hardware Catalyst C1000-8T-2G-L. He is running the recommended IOS Version 15.2(7)E7.

I could find the Bug "CSCvw95683" that describes a matching problem. But that shouldn't be the reason as I understand the "Bug Search Tool". Since we couldn't find a crash log our guess is a "Silent Reload" but we are not sure about that.

Does anyone experience a similar problem?    All the best    kurt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you having same verion what bug was effected then upgrade and test.

Another cause of the issue, we have observed due to Power earthing issue (check electric power output)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In case where last advisory is already being used best is to escalate and or contact TAC , you may try https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286324116/type/280805680/release/15.2.7E8 (utmost latest) in such cases too , 

Adding : you may also want to configure a syslog server on the device , sometimes last gasp messaging or 'surrounding logs' may provide more insights , the same applies to sending all snmp traps to an SNMP manager (software)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

We did upgrade from Version 15.2(7)E3 to 15.2(7)E7 because of the reload issue but it looks like it didn't help much. My colleague will try the syslog part after the eastern break. Thanks and all the best    kurt

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you having same verion what bug was effected then upgrade and test.

Another cause of the issue, we have observed due to Power earthing issue (check electric power output)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello BB

I will ask my colleague to have a close look at the power. Thanks for that.   kurt

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the command "sh log on uptime detail".

Hi Leo
I will ask my colleague for the output after the eastern break and will post it.

Thanks and all the best    kurt

kurt_faeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

My colleague did give me the information to the points you mentioned. It looks like a problem cased by the USP of the customer. They will have a closer look at it but it's fine for us at the moment.

So thank you for your help and a nice day to everyone   kurt

kurt_faeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

My colleagues still bugging me about the Random "Silent Reloads" of the Catalyst C1000-8T-2G-L.
We did upgrade to the still Cisco recommended IOS Version 15.2(7)E7 as I mentioned before and one of my colleagues still sees the sporadic reboots. I did a bit of research and found the Bug CSCwb89403 that confuses me. In the Bug Search Toll it's listed for the IOS Version 15.2(07)E which looks a bit odd to me. There seem to be no fixed Version for the Bug, but the entry was last updated September 06, 2023.
If I have a look at the Catalyst 1000 15.2(7)Ex release notes the Bug is not even mentioned.

https://bst.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCwb89403

https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwb89403

Has anyone a thought on that? Thanks and all the best    kurt

>...There seem to be no fixed Version for the Bug,
            - Then you need to engage Cisco TAC , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Please post the complete output to the command "sh log on uptime detail".

How about 15.25(7)E9?

kurt_faeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

My colleague is fetching the "sh log ..." output and I will try to open a TAC.
I'll get back as soon I have more information.    kurt

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card