Switching

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Can 'Trunk' port have multiple native vlans?

Hello Engineers, I was wondering that one interface port which is configured to 'Trunk' can have multiple native vlans.If L3 interface port has native vlan 2 and same to L2 switch port, it can communicate each other. (Same native VLAN =2)Is it possib...

1.PNG
eeebbunee by Beginner
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Installing SMUs on a Nexus N9K-C93108TC-EX

Hello All,We received a request from a customer to install SMUs on a Nexus N9K-C93108TC-EX but instead of giving us the file names they gave us what appears to be build numbers - SMU_BUILD_14 7.0(3)I7(6.4) and SMU_BUILD_12 7.0(3)I7(7).  Does anyone k...

JJB1 by Beginner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Industrial Ethernet 1000 Config

I have an IE-1000-4T1T-LM switch I am trying to configure.Firmware v 1.8.2 and 1.9.1(latest rev)There is no CLI with these switches only a web GUI. I am trying to change the management interface VLAN and enter a static IP address.I have created the V...

dh61 by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Port Secury Voice Vlan only

Problem: Employees are taking their phones with them when they move offices.We are trying to use Port-security to lock phones to their access ports in each office without hard coding each port with the mac address. We got the phones Mac address to st...

Resolved! Boot fails when initiated from ROMMON

Device: C2960-24PS-LLIOS Image to be loaded: c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-7.E5.binHave copied the file to flash, and it is listed. "Switch: Boot " returns the following: switch: bootLoading "flash:/c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-7.E5.bin"...Verifying image f...

Cisco 2960/4010 archive

Hi All, I have configured archive feature on Cisco C2960X (Version 15.2(7)E1) and IE-4010 (Version 15.2(8)E1) switches:archive path ftp://username:password@X.X.X.X/path/$h write-memory time-period 1440However authentication fails, also fails for S...

ASR1001-X 10G interface license

Hi all, I have installed the PAK license(FLSA1-BIN-2X10GE) into my ASR1001-X, but when I show license it shows License Count: Non-Counted, I have "no shut" the port but it still shows Non-Counted.  Do I need to reboot the device after installing the ...

kkhee by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Why is a switch port a collision domain?

I'm just starting my IT education and this is probably a very basic question but I'm having trouble with it.As far as I understand a collision domain is a part of a network where collisions can occur.Let's say we have two PCs connected to a switch an...