Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended Transceiver module for ISR4351

TaimurKhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have an ISR4351 and it has three interfaces. To connect it to switch, the Gig0/0/2 has RJ45 type of connection as well as SFP type as well but for other two interfaces there is only SFP type. problem is that I have switch which has ethernet type (RJ45)interfaces. now I am unable to find any compatible module to connect to my interfaces so that I can connect it using ethernet cable to my switch. I had one GLC-T type module but when I connect it gives me following error. so please any suggestion.

Thanks

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?npid=945

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

thanks for your response.

I am not sure which one to choose as if I buy one at local shop then they will not return. so I appreciate if you can let me know the one that can work for my router

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 03.16.04b.S - Extended Support Release
Cisco IOS Software, ISR Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.5(3)S4b, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

thanks 

That IOS-XE version is very old, but should be compatible with your SFP. I would recommend upgrading to the latest suggested release(17.9.4).

What's the output of the following command?

show interface transciever

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

The command is not even there. and I guess upgrade might not be possible. so if there is any specific module to solve this issue kindly let me know. thanks

TorbjĆørn
Spotlight
Spotlight

The GLC-T module is supported on 4300 series ISRs. I have used GLC-T modules while troubleshooting them before.

Is the module a Cisco original? What firmware version is your router running?

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

thanks for the reply.

I purchased it from local market and not sure if it is cisco original or not. but it did not worked on my router. The router IOS is 

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 03.16.04b.S - Extended Support Release
Cisco IOS Software, ISR Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.5(3)S4b, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

kindly if there is more specific one let me know 

thanks

>>> when I connect it gives me following error <<<
i cannot see the error you mention ?

>>> but for other two interfaces there is only SFP type <<<
look at this figure in the datasheet

pieterh_0-1704290591236.png

if above image matches your hardware, than you do not need spf's to make a RJ-45 connection
you already have 3 RJ-45 ports ?
be aware: the SFP ports and the copper ports are "dual-personality" 
-> if you connect the Gi0/0/0 SFP port, you cannot use the Gi0/0/0 RJ-45 port at the same time
but you can use Gi0/0/0 for RJ-45 and configure Gi0/0/1 for sfp connection

thanks for the reply.

the error is 

%TRANSCEIVER-3-INIT_FAILURE: SIP2: iomd: Detected for transceiver module in Gigabitethernet0/0/0, module disabled

And the interfaces at my routers are as GigabitEthernet0/0/0 and GigabitEthernet0/0/1 are both SFP type but GigabitEthernet0/0/2 is SFP plus RJ45 type. I am using GigabitEthernet0/0/2 as RJ45 and I want to use the others same as RJ45 but these are SFP only. so I am looking for some module to work with this hardware.

thanks

so you are saying , your router does not have the same layout as the figure in the datasheet and this physical image?

pieterh_0-1704354689883.png

yes it is the same hardware as in picture and  I am using g2 as RJ45 but wants to use the others two gig0 and gig1 as rj45  and need some module for them 

if the picture matches your hardware then you DO NOT NEED to use RJ-45 SFP's
just stick your cable in the corresponding RJ-45 connector (to the left of the SFP slot)

pieterh_0-1704360016618.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card