cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect HTTP & HTTP traffic to the Proxy Server listening to port 8080

nicromite
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to redirect the HTTP & HTTPS traffic from only one of the VLAN/segments in my network to the proxy server that listening to port 8080.  This is for me to have control from the network level instead of doing a proxy configuration on the end devices.

Is there any way to achieve this and I'm using Nexus 93180YC-EX as a core switch?

As example

http/https traffic (from VLAN 110:137.40.24.0/23 ) -->CORE SWITCH --> MPLS NETWORK --> Proxy Server (10.77.8.70 Port 8080) --> Destination

6 Replies 6

Hello
Does your default wan traffic route via a different path then the proxy server, If so then you could possibly used policy based routing to accomplish the redirection?

feature pbr
ip access-list  PBR_acl
permit tcp any host 10.77.8.80 range 80 443

route-map PBR_rm 
match ip address PBR_acl
set ip next-hop x.x.x.x

interface Vlan110
ip policy route-map PBR_rm

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for the reply and your input. We have an upstream proxy and at HQ and all Web traffic required to be sent to the proxy server before hit the Internet. We are trying to eliminate using the proxy setting on the Windows machine and control from a network perspective.

We already tried the PBR to capture the Web traffic and direct to the upstream Proxy server, however our proxy on listening to port 8080 only. Unfortunately, this setting cannot be changed as it is control by HQ and use globally.

As 

I have not done anything like this but wonder if you could combine PBR to redirect the traffic and address translation to translate at the outbound interface any traffic to the proxy address using source port 80 or 443 to use 8080?

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick, 

I'm exploring this as well and not yet found any way to combine PBR with port translation to destination.

Hello
possibly WCCP is a alternative!

review here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Dear Paul, 

Unfortunately, the nexus 9k doesn't support WCCP and if not mistaken has been replaced with ITD. 

I still exploring ITD to solve this or maybe there is no workaround to achieve this idea.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card