cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistribution ( ospf, rip , eigrp , static )

elgharbaouy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!

I'm a trainee in networks, and i had an exercice of routing protocols and a static route OSPF, EIGRP , RIP, et Static. (I tried to do the redistribution between the LANs but it doesn't work for me, my ping command fails ), i tried to look for some usefull commands on google but i didn't find a solution.

I need your help please, i want to have a solution with commands on each router.

I'm using  Packet Tracer version 6.1.1 student.

this is my PKT workhttps://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1_v47dz4SKFRDU1SlZQMTZtMGs

and this is a screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1_v47dz4SKFNVdPRVA5SzdwZzg

20 Replies 20

Sorry...I should have made myself more clear. I wanted you to try to ping the 192.168.64.0/22 host from the host in the eigrp AS. Either way, the 192.168.68.0/23 is the same situation. You have the route in the eigrp/ospf router, so you should be able to get to it.

Many of us don't use packet tracer, so that's one reason why I haven't downloaded your pkt file. You need to make sure that this route has a default route. The router on the left side in the "static" area needs a default route pointing to the ospf/static router. All of your routers need a default route, but especially the statics because they have no visibility to the other networks unless you've added all of your other routes as static to those routers.

So, final thing:

Please post the routing table on the router in the "static" area that sits on the left side

and please post the routing table on the eigrp internal router that sits on the left side (Router8 is listed underneath).

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

the problem is resolved

this is what i did :

192.168.68.0/23 config#ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.77.9

209.165.200.224/27 config#ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 209.165.200.225

ospf/rip config# router rip

ospf/rip config-route# redistribute ospf 10 metric 1

the ospf/static router doesn't contain any default route

the eigrp/ospf router doesn't contain any default route

the rip/ospf router doesn't contain any default route

and the ping works between all the networks, and this is what i was looking for.

can I do something for you as a reward on the website ? cick something for exemple

thank you so much. you really helped me a lot.

what is your job please ?

Rating as resolved is good enough :) Glad I could help

I'm a network engineer like all of the rest of us..just a normal guy :)

my dream is to because a network engineer too, but i have a problem with my professor in class.

He doesn't teach us the basics and the important things, so i feel like i'm wasting my time.

I wish you all the success in your life :)

Nothing learned is ever wasted. Sometimes we just have to take what's given to us and start asking a lot of questions. You'll get there. The basics will help you build into the more complicated. Just keep at it and stay on these forums. There are a great group of people on here willing to help.

Thanks!

John

garaza
Level 1
Level 1

hi dear 

I am also a student of Networks in OSPF there should be Aria 0 to manage the network if you don,t have aria 0 then you ll not able to communicate with other protocol make it aria 0 and then try it ll work

Regards

Ahmad Raza Ghumman

EX-Sol PK 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card