Views
Helpful
Replies

Redondancy - Default VTP Configuration

Thibault_1
Level 1
Level 1

 Hi everyone,

I'm quiete new to Cisco community and more on Cisco equipment and I have a questions for beginners.

I've tryed my first redondancy on 3 Cisco Switchs (C1000-8FP-2G-L) connected on a router (C1117-4P) and it appears to work fine but I've read that you can have layer 2 switching loop on some case, and other where default configuration of VTP can handle the switching loops.

Could you tell me if default configuration of VTP can handle the typologie below, or if I need to configure something ?

Capture d’écran 2022-09-21 095937.png

Thanks you so much,

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if default no config done, STP block one of the path.

if you looking to use both the links, then you need play STP priority with VLAN ID you would like to split the load.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- VTP only deals with maintaining vlans on the overall network where usually a master is configured , vtp clients then retrieve vlan information from the master , loop-prevention is handled by STP (spanning tree protocol)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if default no config done, STP block one of the path.

if you looking to use both the links, then you need play STP priority with VLAN ID you would like to split the load.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thibault_1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much, Yes I meant STP (it sounded strange when i wrote it).

Let's not split the load for now and keep it for later

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card