cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

redundancy in router

sahar.co67
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have one question . İn router we cant have etherchannel but if we want to have redundancy and increase speed what we should do?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Some routers do support Etherchannel.

For those that don't, you often can route across multiple links for redundancy (and to increase available bandwidth).

İ read somethings that said we can use LACP but the 1000 series can support this in gigbites interfaces! What mean that is it correct?

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

Don't know about the 1000 series.

For other ISRs, see: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/prod_white_paper0900aecd806f698a.pdf

sahar.co67
Level 1
Level 1

Excuse me its 10000 series!!

İ read it: how to configure gigabit ethernet port channels using LACP. İt allows you to bundle multiple gigabit ethernet links into a single logical interface on a cisco 10000 series router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: