Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant power supply for WS-C2960XR-24TS-I

fjaviosuna
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would need your help to solve one doubt with the power supplies that appears for one switch WS-C2960XR-24TS-I that one technician has installed but as soon as I get into the switch, I checked if the switch has the 2 PS but I can see only one (see below)...

I believe that the part name (PWR-C2-250WAC) is for the redundant PS but I can't see the PS that the switch has by default and the statistics only shows one PS..

Switch#sh env all
FAN PS-1 is OK
FAN PS-2 is NOT PRESENT
SYSTEM TEMPERATURE is OK
System Temperature Value: 34 Degree Celsius
System Temperature State: GREEN
Yellow Threshold : 67 Degree Celsius
Red Threshold : 75 Degree Celsius
POWER SUPPLY 1A TEMPERATURE: OK
POWER SUPPLY 1B TEMPERATURE: Not Present
SW               PID                        Status Sys Pwr PoE Pwr Watts
-- ------------------ -------- --------------- ------- ------- -----
1A      PWR-C2-250WAC          OK      Good N/A 250/0
1B       Not Present

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Julio,

I believe that the problem is that the provider has not sent the redundant PS because I believed that the part name for the reundant PS was PWR-C2-250WAC but I found at the link that you can see below that the primary (default) PS has the same name

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-x-series-switches/data_sheet_c78-728232.html

So thanks for your help

Best regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi

Verify if that is plugged properly or try verifying once it is turned on. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hello Julio,

I believe that the problem is that the provider has not sent the redundant PS because I believed that the part name for the reundant PS was PWR-C2-250WAC but I found at the link that you can see below that the primary (default) PS has the same name

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-x-series-switches/data_sheet_c78-728232.html

So thanks for your help

Best regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card