Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant routes in Switches Catalyst with IP SLA tracking

reynaldolopeza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I have the following question:

We have Two Switches configured in HSRP (one 3650 and one 3560). The next hope towards Internet will be Two Firewalls ASA in failover, and there is another path from the Switches to other Firewall that is connected by fiber to a branch site that has Internet connection too. I attached the topology.

What we want to do, is to configure the Switches to redirect traffic destined to the Internet to the Firewall of the branch office if the ISP of the Central Office fails. We have configured Static routes all over our network. I used once Ip sla monitor to configure backup routes in Firewalls ASA, but I am not sure if it is possible in the Switches Catalyst for this case.

Please your help with this issue.

5 Replies 5

Hello,

which IOS are you running on the 3650 and the 3560 ? Both do support IP SLA, if you run a fairly recent IOS...

Hi Georg,

I checked the IOS version:

- Switch 3560 IOS Version 12.2(50)SE5

- Switch 3650 IOS-XE Version 3.6.0E

What would be the minimum versions to support IP SLA?

Reynaldo

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What the license on the 3650.  I think you need "IP services" license to support full IP sla.

HTH

Hi,

Both switches have IP Base license. Can they support IP SLA monitor with static routes? Or what alternative do I have to accomplish the Backup route to Internet in the Catalyst Switches?

Hi,

IP Sla is a good option. You may want to upgrade the license on your switches to support it.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card