Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reg: QoS

Hi Group,

I have scenario for you.

One of my client having two branches connecting over Wireless Point to Point link.

Just he is extending his LAN from one site to another site using wireless point to point link. Both side he is using Cisco 2960S switches and he is using default VLAN only. He had total users count maximum 150( incuding both sites), so he is using single IP pool 192.168.10.0/24 for the both sites.

Let assume below is the connectivity:

LAN of Branch 'A' (2960S Switch)--------> Wireless P2P link-----------> LAN of Branch 'B' ( 2960s Switch)

In Branch 'B' he is installed IP Cameras monitoring and he will monitor from the web browser  from Branch 'A'.

Some servers like Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP and SAP are all located in Branch 'A'.

His requirment is, he wants to priotorize video traffic( IP cameras) and then voice traffic over normal data traffic through the wireless point to point link.

First priority: Video Traffic ( IP Cameras)

Second Priority: Voice ( CUCM was installed in Branch 'A")

Third Priority: Data

Please help me to configure above scenario.

Regards,

Janardhan

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Group,

I have scenario for you.

One of my client having two branches connecting over Wireless Point to Point link.

Just he is extending his LAN from one site to another site using wireless point to point link. Both side he is using Cisco 2960S switches and he is using default VLAN only. He had total users count maximum 150( incuding both sites), so he is using single IP pool 192.168.10.0/24 for the both sites.

Let assume below is the connectivity:

LAN of Branch 'A' (2960S Switch)--------> Wireless P2P link-----------> LAN of Branch 'B' ( 2960s Switch)

In Branch 'B' he is installed IP Cameras monitoring and he will monitor from the web browser  from Branch 'A'.

Some servers like Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP and SAP are all located in Branch 'A'.

His requirment is, he wants to priotorize video traffic( IP cameras) and then voice traffic over normal data traffic through the wireless point to point link.

First priority: Video Traffic ( IP Cameras)

Second Priority: Voice ( CUCM was installed in Branch 'A")

Third Priority: Data

Please help me to configure above scenario.

Regards,

Janardhan

Hi Janardhan,

Where exactly you want to apply qos as the above connectivity says two lan switch are connected viq wirless link. My question is this lan segment is connected with external world with router or any device.

If yes you need to priortise the videos traffic over the link.

Check out the below link for qos configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_55_se/configuration/guide/swqos.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganeshh Iyer

Hi Ganesh Iyer,

Need to apply QoS for the devices when using Wireless link between to the branches.

This wireless link is giving 50Mbps throughput. In this, i need to prioritize the Video traffic over data traffic.

Regards,

Janardhan

Janardhan Meesala wrote:

Hi Ganesh Iyer,

Need to apply QoS for the devices when using Wireless link between to the branches.

This wireless link is giving 50Mbps throughput. In this, i need to prioritize the Video traffic over data traffic.

Regards,

Janardhan

Hello Janardhan,

Check out the below links regarding the wireless lan QOS implementation

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/wireless/software/guide/QualityOfService.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/12.2_15_JA/configuration/guide/o13qos.html

Hope it Helps !!

Regards

Ganeshh Iyer

Hi,

Here i am not using any Tagging mechanism( Dot1q). Just it is a single default VLAN.

Then how CoS( 802.1p) vlaues we will apply ?????

My IP cameras are Connected to the switch ports of 2960. So whenever the requset came on this port, we need to apply some prioritization to the frame????

How we will do it is the question????

Regards,

Janardhan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card