Views
Helpful
Replies

Relocate Cisco StackWise-V to another site

Rami Ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Gents,

We have two Cisco 9606 configured in SVL and working fine for two years. Now the company wants to move all network infrastructure to a new building, and we have to move this SVL. I would like to know if there any recommendations or best practices for this activity, is it recommended to do the following:

. Power off the standby Core SW.
. Power off the Primary Core SW.
. Move both to new site.
. Connect SVL & Dual-Active-Detection links between both Cores offline.
. Power on both SWs at the same time.

Please advise.

Thank you.
Have a great day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I would shutdown the Primary first and use this as oportunity to test the redundancy. Then, shutdown the standby. In the new building you can do at the same time or not. The HSRP, if you have it, I believe you do, will wait both come up any way to negotiate and stablish the Active/standby roles.

Just make sure you do have backup saved and always run "wr" after turn it off. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

I would shutdown the Primary first and use this as oportunity to test the redundancy. Then, shutdown the standby. In the new building you can do at the same time or not. The HSRP, if you have it, I believe you do, will wait both come up any way to negotiate and stablish the Active/standby roles.

Just make sure you do have backup saved and always run "wr" after turn it off. 

Hello Flavio,

Thank you for your reply. In fact these are just one SVL pair hence there is no HSRP we use a single SVI interface for each VLAN.

can you elaborate what do you mean to save the config after power off, I suppose you mean to WR before turn off not after.

Thanks again 

Yeah just a silly remainder, of course you will do that. Out of habit.

Thanks Flavio. 

I'm going to power them all at same time to speed up SVL formation once relocated. 

Appreciate you remind me to save the config because a lot of time foucsing too much on high level things distracted me to do axiomatic things like Wr.

Kind regards,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card