Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote User Login Expired

PolarPanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a nexus switch 7700 (version 7.3) that has problem to remote user login via radius server. The error message is Your account has expired; please contact your system administrator. I realized that it usually happened after the CLI session quit by itself. I have to wait a couple of hours, then I am able to login. The clock time is correct. I cannot find bug for this version. Does anyone know the fix of the issue?

4 Replies 4

Hello,

what is the exec-timeout value on the VTY lines ? Try and decrease that to something like 10 minutes.

hi Georg,

Thank you for the reply. I just double checked it, and there is no timeout command under line vty. That could be the issue?

Did you happen to find a resolution to this?  I'm experiencing this now.  I wonder if it's related to bug https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb47358/?rfs=iqvred

Hi Kuffner,

THanks for sharing the bug. We are using radius, not  TACACS+.

I've discussed with cisco tac. He asked me to disable local time, using NTP to sync proper time. We haven't tried yet due to multiple reasons. So you can try to sync to NTP server.

If only syncing NTP server working, not local time, i guess it's time to upgrade firmware, right?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card