cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote xmodem

Keith Wood
Level 1
Level 1

I have an old 3640 that I inadvertently uploaded an IOS image to that will not boot. It keeps reloading to rommon. It's part of a lab that has a 3700 series router with console access via an NM-32A. I was wondering if there's any way to do an xmodem transfer over the async line. I know how to use the xmodem command on the 3640 to allow it to recieve the image via xmodem, but am not sure how to send an image via xmodem over the sync link. Thoughts?

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have an old 3640 that I inadvertently uploaded an IOS image to that will not boot. It keeps reloading to rommon. It's part of a lab that has a 3700 series router with console access via an NM-32A. I was wondering if there's any way to do an xmodem transfer over the async line. I know how to use the xmodem command on the 3640 to allow it to recieve the image via xmodem, but am not sure how to send an image via xmodem over the sync link. Thoughts?

Hi Keith,

Check out the below link Hope to Help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml#proc_3600

Ganesh.H

Ganesh,

Thanks for the reply and in a way that tells me that there's nothing that can be done. The site that this equipment is located at isn't manned on a regular basis. Because of that, I don't have a way to do step 4 on that guide. I was wondering if there was a way to emulate the hyperterminal portion through the NM-32a that I have hooked to the console port on that device. Thank you for the information, though!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card