Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace a Cisco 6800IA switch from an Instant Access client stacking

richter5087
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently I have two Cisco 6800IA in stack mode and I have associated with the number FEX 100 to the parent switches, each 6800IA has an uplink to the parent switches. I need to replace the one of the two. 

Could you please let me know the process in order to replace a failure Cisco 6800IA switch from an instant Access stacking?

Unable to find any related resource online, please share if you have any.

Thanks in advance, guys.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

May be good to have small diagram - if everything dual homed connection, you can easily replace the one you thinking to replace.

If any devices connect to single homed that will have outage when you replacing the switch.

check below some reference and guide lines :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6800ia-switch/white_paper_c11-728265.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

May be good to have small diagram - if everything dual homed connection, you can easily replace the one you thinking to replace.

If any devices connect to single homed that will have outage when you replacing the switch.

check below some reference and guide lines :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6800ia-switch/white_paper_c11-728265.html

BB

Thanks a lot!.

richter5087_0-1705540797928.png

Consider dual home across stack members? If so, how I going to remove one of the stack member and add this to another fex as stack member? This is what I am trying to do.

Hope to hear from you again.

how I going to remove one of the stack member and add this to another fex as stack member? This is what I am trying to do.

Same way we do the when the device Fault and we get RMA and replacing the Faulty one - there is no change in that steps ?

above document help you.

BB

Noted. Will try it out. 

Thank you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card