I suggest that you install new IOS

THANK YOU

6 Replies 6

Scott Bradley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Here is the official upgrade doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12.2_50_se/configuration/guide/swiosfs.html

But basically there is a .tar ios image and a .bin image.  The bin image is strictly the IOS image.  The tar file has html files used to manage the switch through a gui.

To upgrade bin file use "copy tftp flash" command and follow the prompts.  You will need a tftp server as you probably know.

To upgrade the tar file use the command "archive download"

Example

archive download-sw  /overwrite /reload tftp:[[//location]/directory]/image-name.tar

Some options at the end of that are below:

The /overwrite option overwrites the software image in flash memory with the downloaded image.

The /reload option reloads the system after downloading the image unless the configuration has been changed and not been saved.

For simple swithces like the 2960, the "copy tftp" is a simple way of doing things.  For stacked switches like 3750's the recommended method is "archive download" since it will copy the image to all stack members automaically.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Hi

thank you

but is not the information i need,

probably not explain me well, I do not need to know if there is
documentation to correctly choose the IOS to make an up-date of
IOS

Hi

Here is a doc on updated IOS - fixed and open caveats.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_55_se/release/notes/OL23054.html

12.2(55)SE is the latest for 2960's

Maybe this is what you are looking for?

Thanks

Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've just started testing 12.2(55)SE on 2960 and 2960S and so far so good.

NOTE:  I'm unable to test this version on plain 3560 and 3750 because there's no available download yet.

leolaohoo wrote:

I've just started testing 12.2(55)SE on 2960 and 2960S and so far so good.

NOTE:  I'm unable to test this version on plain 3560 and 3750 because there's no available download yet.

12.2(55)SE is available for the 3560 and 3750

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=12.2.55-SE&mdfid=279666162&sftType=IOS+Software&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=ED&modelName=Cisco+Catalyst+3560-48TS+Switch&treeMdfId=268438038&treeName=Switches&modifmdfid=null&imname=...

Thanks for the links.  I found out that there are some discrepancies (whether this is on purpose, I don't know).  For example:

IF you, say, go to

Switches > Cisco Catalyst 3750-48PS Switch > IOS Software > 12.2.55-SE

or

Switches > Cisco Catalyst 3750-48TS Switch > IOS Software > 12.2.55-SE

or

Switches > Cisco Catalyst 3750-24TS Switch > IOS Software > 12.2.55-SE

or

Switches > Cisco Catalyst 3750-24PS Switch > IOS Software > 12.2.55-SE

You get two options and they are both IP Base with Express Setup only.  However, if you go to

Switches > Cisco Catalyst 3750-24FS Switch > IOS Software > 12.2.55-SE

or

Switches > Cisco Catalyst 3750G-48TS Switch > IOS Software > 12.2.55-SE

or

Switches > Cisco Catalyst 3750G-24PS Switch > IOS Software > 12.2.55-SE

You get IP Base and IP Services download options.  Like I said, I don't know if this is deliberate or not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco