Level 1
Level 1

Can I use SNMP to reload a switch port?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Reloading a switchport is a concept that doesn't exist ; but you can do shutdown no-shutdown with SNMP :
           Interface DOWN: snmpset -v1 -c community hostname IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.interface i 2
           Interface UP      : snmpset -v1 -c community hostname IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.interface i 1  (e.g.)

M.    

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hello!

I don't belive there is an OID for "reseting" single ports.

BR 

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Reloading a switchport is a concept that doesn't exist ; but you can do shutdown no-shutdown with SNMP :
           Interface DOWN: snmpset -v1 -c community hostname IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.interface i 2
           Interface UP      : snmpset -v1 -c community hostname IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.interface i 1  (e.g.)

M.    

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

snmpset -v 2c -c MyCommunityString 1.2.3.4 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.1.1.3.1.7 i 2
snmpset -v 2c -c MyCommunityString 1.2.3.4 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.1.1.3.1.7 i 1

I found such an example while doing research. Actually, I think it is exactly what I want, but when I use it, I encounter an error.

- You are not specifying the target hostname in that command , 

M.

The IP address 1.2.3.4 is an example written address. My own switch address is 192.168.1.50 and I use it by typing it.

- What a bit confusing because of the numeric lookalike with the following snmp oid  in the commmand , what error do you get ?

M.

I solved the problem. Thank you very much for your reply

- That is a good , but if you solve a problem then share the knowledge on the community , then others can learn too

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card