Views
Helpful
Replies

RIP v2 is not working in packet tracer

numanmalik101
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Seniors,

I am trying to configure rip v2 in a packet tracer lab. I have added the correct routes and configured everything right.

Router to router ping is working but host to host not working fine.

Please find below the attached file and help me to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

your PC gateways are wrong. in routers, you have used X.X.X.3 as a network IP. in PCs its X.X.X.1. change PC gateways to respective networks , .3 IP. for ex. 192.168.10.3 in PC2

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

Hello,

the problem is not with RIPv2 but with the hosts. The default gateways on the host end with .1, while the corresponding LAN interfaces end with .3. Either change the IP address of the hosts or the LAN interfaces, so they both match.

You have actually 2 problems.  The gateway on the PC as already stated and the RIP config in R3. You forgot to enter the command version 2.  Route 192.168.60.0 is not being advertized. After that, all pinging.

4 Replies 4

your PC gateways are wrong. in routers, you have used X.X.X.3 as a network IP. in PCs its X.X.X.1. change PC gateways to respective networks , .3 IP. for ex. 192.168.10.3 in PC2

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

You have actually 2 problems.  The gateway on the PC as already stated and the RIP config in R3. You forgot to enter the command version 2.  Route 192.168.60.0 is not being advertized. After that, all pinging.

thank you soo much  

Hello,

the problem is not with RIPv2 but with the hosts. The default gateways on the host end with .1, while the corresponding LAN interfaces end with .3. Either change the IP address of the hosts or the LAN interfaces, so they both match.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: