Views
Helpful
Replies

ROMMON mode come in working router

siddindia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using cisco 2851,2821, and 2811 routers in a project.I'm facing a problem Cisco IOS problem.Our many routers are coming in ROMMON mode, when they are in production.

cisco 2851(IOS) - c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-9.T7

cisco 2821(IOS)- c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T7

cisco 2811(IOS)- c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-9.T4

I am not getting the problem, why these routers are going down because of fault in cisco IOS?

I want to tell one thing that there not much CPU utilization in these routers.

Kindly anyone tell me what is this reason of this fault and how i could overcome.

TRegards,

Siddhartha

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mahesh Gohil
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Siddhartha,

The reason router goes in rommon mode is when router is not able to locate IOS image in flash or it is due to

the IOS is corrupted.

I request you to collect log.. like if you attach console while booting , router generate the logs as why router is moving in

rommon mode.

Please make sure:

1- IOS is not corrupted by checking md5 checksum

2- giving proper path to router via. bootflash command.

Please share log to have better idea.

Regards

Mahesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mahesh Gohil
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Siddhartha,

The reason router goes in rommon mode is when router is not able to locate IOS image in flash or it is due to

the IOS is corrupted.

I request you to collect log.. like if you attach console while booting , router generate the logs as why router is moving in

rommon mode.

Please make sure:

1- IOS is not corrupted by checking md5 checksum

2- giving proper path to router via. bootflash command.

Please share log to have better idea.

Regards

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your supoort.

I will send you log soon.

but i want to know why these IOS become faulty?

I'm using these routers in production from last more than 2 years, but in one month 9-10 routers found faulty because of It came in ROMMON mode.I have reload IOS from ROMMON mode and reconfigure those routers.

I have checked router version that is 0x2102.So no issue with version.

Regards,

Siddhartha

Dear Mahesh,

Actaully the problem is:- The IOS problems are comming when routers are on production.These routers are comming to ROMMON in any time of production time.

I'm sending console LOG in attachment.

Kindly suggest right reason and how can i overcome this problem.

Regards,

Siddhartha

Kostas Kyriakos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

In addition to what Mahesh suggested, please post the output of the show version command, while the routers are working and not while in rommon. This will probably help determine the reload reason.

Hope this helps.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card