Views
Helpful
Replies

Roting Interface Problem

syamkumar123123
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing a problem with 2900

router v.35 interface  earlier I had a 2800 with old v.35 serial interface to connect to a sun server the same we cahnger to smart serial in new 2900 hundread we changed clock speed but still the inteface not coming up any extra config needed for smart serial cable.

11 Replies 11

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

We need more technical information. Please provide the following output:

• The configuration of the serial interface
  • The output of the show interface serial X/X/X (replace the X/X/X with your numbering)
  • The output of the show controllers serial X/X/X

Best regards,

Peter

please find the atched show run from my old  2811 I just

copied same to 2900 new router

Hello,

If you are having issues with the Serial0/0/0 interface then it is probably because it is shut down

Activate it using the usual no shutdown command and let me know the result please.

Best regards,

Peter

No shut down and clock rate we changed so many times it is not .old router with same config I mean with out shutdown it is working finr but new no hope still. New router w

e are sing smart serial cable istead of serail cable which we used in

old router.

Hello,

The configuration file you have posted in your previous reply clearly shows the presence of the shutdown command on your Serial0/0/0 interface - verify it for yourself. I can make my recommendations only on the information you provide me with so if you are giving me incorrect information I cannot give you correct answers.

So, once more - is the configuration file you have posted here correct? If yes, why is the Serial0/0/0 configured with the shutdown command? Also, I have asked you for output of two another commands - show interface Serial0/0/0 and show controllers Serial0/0/0 - would you be able to post them?

Best regards,

Peter

there is no change in configaration shut down is not there.

Hello,

Are we perhaps looking on a different configuration file? This is taken directly from the file you have uploaded in this thread:

interface Serial0/0/0
description $FW_OUTSIDE$
ip address 83.111.225.14 255.255.255.252
ip access-group 107 in
ip verify unicast reverse-path
ip inspect SDM_LOW out
ip ips sdm_ips_rule in
ip nat outside
ip virtual-reassembly
shutdown
clock rate 2000000

So is the interface shut down or not?

Best regards,

Peter

not shutdown rest is same.

Hello,

Okay, I understand that you have posted the config from the 2811 router but you are trying to solve an issue on the 2900 series. It is very confusing to post a configuration from another device (even if "identically" configured) than the one that is having connectivity issues.

Until I can get exactly the outputs I am kindly asking you for, I cannot help you. I cannot rely on your description that "everything is identical" - that is my job to decide. So please, post all the following command outputs from the 2911 device with no further abbreviation:

• show run interface s0/0/0
  • show interface s0/0/0
  • show controllers s0/0/0

I am asking for these outputs now for the third time in this thread - if you are unable or unwilling to post them then I am afraid I don't have any other option but to cease from this thread.

Best regards,

Peter

please find the attched config file.

Hello,

Thank you for the diagnostic output. According to it, there is absolutely no serial cable recognized on any of your eight serial interfaces. Were the cables connected to your 3900 router when you performed these diagnostics? In any case, this diagnostic shall be performed with the cables connected - so far, I can only tell that the configuration of the interfaces Serial 0/0/2, 0/0/3, 0/1/1, 0/1/2 and 0/1/3 is a standard and correct HDLC configuration.

I need to be absolutely sure that the cabling is correctly recognized.

Best regards,

Peter

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card