cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route issue in switch

vinit.ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am using Cisco 3560 switch and I have configured default route (ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 vlan1) towards core switch. Problem is that whenever i disconnect the uplink cable of my access switch (cisco 3560) default route removed automatically. Please help.       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if Vlan 1 is up/down or down/down then the static route will disappear from the Routing table.

Have you got other ports in VLAN 1 that are connected and that STP is forwarding ?

if not then that is why your VLAN interface goes down and the corresponding static route gets deleted.

Can you try this command on your trunk link: switchport autostate exclude and tell us if it solved the problem.

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if Vlan 1 is up/down or down/down then the static route will disappear from the Routing table.

Have you got other ports in VLAN 1 that are connected and that STP is forwarding ?

if not then that is why your VLAN interface goes down and the corresponding static route gets deleted.

Can you try this command on your trunk link: switchport autostate exclude and tell us if it solved the problem.

Regards

Alain

Hi,

Do we have switchport trunk encapsulation dot1Q option in cisco4506 switch.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card