Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

The priority setting is only for LAN interface or both LAN and WAN in OSPFbecause among the LAN interfaces we are going to select any one as the designated routerWhy we are calling it as designated router instead we can call it as designated interfac...

Resolved! License confusion

Hi all, If we talk about licensing in general, there are basically 2 types of licenses.1) Right to use paper license. No activation is required. Means we need to buy it ethically/legally but if we dont, feature will still work. 2) Product activation ...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

G'day Everyone,I have a very odd problem and will try to explain it as best I can.Setup: SA540 (fw 2.1.71) with pretty basic configuration, no VLANs or QoS. Wireless APs and 3 large Netgear gigabit switches plugged straight into the SA540 LAN ports. ...

TEARADMIN by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Cisco support Nexus 5020 fails to boot up.We are getting the following messages from console:...Loading system softwareUncompressing system image: bootflash:n5000-uk9.5.0.3.N2.2.binLoading plugin 0: core_plugin...load_plugin: failed to link plug...

I had a Cisco 1811 router fall into my lap. My experience in configuring routers for production use is nil, I have gone through the first two levels of a CCNA class at the local college, but this sort of router configuration simply hasn't been covere...

JarlAlgo1 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Command tacacs-server directed-request. As per cisco  --- To send only a username to a specified server when a direct request is issued.This command sends only the portion of the username before the “@” symbol to the host specified afterth...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am having two 3750 in stack and I am thinking toreplace a GBIC from1 gb to 10 gb which is connecting to 6500 switch.  I am not sure if Core will support this connectivity?Core:   1    2     1000BaseX Supervisor      WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE     yes stand...

what is the maximum number of etherchannels i can build on a Cisco 2960S stack.  We hoping  to connected 15 servers using 2 port channels between two stacked 2960 for redunancey.  So what is the max number of channels can i build using the 2960S?  Is...

broow by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have two C3560G switches called sw-2 and sw-4 connected with Port-channel (PAgP). MTU 9000 is set on the switch globally and it looks like it is also enabled for Po1:(Output is the same on both switches)System MTU size is 1500 bytes             ...

Hi everyone,I bought a cisco router last week. The reseller said it is a brand new one. However, when I try to set it with console cable connecting to PC, the default password does not work. I tried to use control+break to get access to rommon for pa...

Hi Team,Can you please let me know how to encrypt the passowrd.We configured  local account on one of our switch but currently we forgot the password but we know username.We want to encrypt that password.Password is : privilege 15 secret 5 $1$E7VW$QO...