Views
Helpful
Replies

route-map doesn´t work

aporcaro01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I need some help in order to understand why the configuration above doesn´t work when I appy the policy to the interface.

The question is:

I have a switch L3 with a default gateway configured to the Internet link.. All VLANs of the corporate network access the Internet using this default gateway.

Now I need to route one specifc vlan when they will access the Internet using another link conected in other router.

The problem is, when I apply the command "ip policy route-map vlanxxx" to the interface the host stop working and can´t receive an ip address from the DHCP Server.  It will be device accessing the network by WIFI, using a WLC.

Is anyone has an idea about why???.. 

Tks

!

I try to do this:

!

interface vlan 202

desc vlanxxx

ip address 10.202.28.1 255.255.252.0

ip policy route-map vlanxxx

!

route-map vlanxxx 15

match ip address 125

set ip next hop 10.16.20.101

!
access-list 125  ip permit 10.202.28.0 0.0.3.255 any

!

s* 0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via 10.0.0.1

!

!

Att,

Adriano

3 Replies 3

alessandro.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adriano,
i think the issue is in access-list. Access list 125 defines the traffic you want to route to secondary internet connection. in your configuration you are routing all traffic from vlan 202, including dhcp requests, so you have to discriminate traffic you want to route. If you want to route just internet traffic try to change your access-list in this way :

access-list 125 permit tcp 10.202.28.0 0.0.3.255 any eq www
access-list 125 permit tcp 10.202.28.0 0.0.3.255 any eq 443
access-list 125 deny any any

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Abzal
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Are DHCP pools configured on the L3 switch or is it standalone server?
If it is standalone some kind of Windows/Linux server you need to enable DHCP relay agent under VLAN interface

int vlan xx
Ip helper-address y.y.y.y

And what if manually configure IP address in client. Does it work? Are you to ping DHCP server after that?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Best regards,
Abzal

Thanks all for the help..

In fact, I changed the topology...

At the router of the internet I created two subinterfaces, one with the current wifi address network and the other one with the new range.

Configured trunk at the switch port.

After that I work aroung with the routing and works fine..

Thanks for the help!!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card