Views
Helpful
Replies

Route map issue in nexus 7k(PBR)

sameermunj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am facing a strange issue in nexus 7k wherein I have configured a route map  and applied to one of the layer 3 interface(vlan)

thge issue is it is working fine for some of  systems connected  belonging to this vlan but doesnt not work for some systems  in same vlan.

where as there are other vlan were route map is configured but their is no issue faced, the issue is only observed for this particular vlan

Below is the config

route-map VLAN-10 permit 10

match ip address vlan-10

set ip default next-hop 12.1.1.1

interface Vlan10

ip access-group vlan-10-ACL in

no ip redirects

ip address 12.1.1.1/24

ip policy route-map VLAN-10

hsrp 10

preempt

priority 110

ip 12.1.1.10

ip dhcp relay address

no shutdown

ip access-list vlan-10

10 permit ip 12.1.1.1/24 16.54.16.11/32

ip route 0.0.0.0/0 12.16.17.24

Ideally the traffic should be routed to 12.1.1.1, but instead it is taking the default route patch which is configured .

when i checked out for the bus for the existing  software release5.1(3) i could found the bug

CSCtn21586

Symptom:

PBR policy on layer-3 interfaces, is not redirecting traffic. Instead, traffic is taking the normal route.

Conditions:

If same PBR policy is applied on multiple interfaces before the next hop adjacencies are resolved, it might not redirect the traffic correctly on some interfaces.

Workaround(s):

1. Apply PBR policy after the Next hop adjacencies are resolved.

OR

2. If there is already PBR traffic issue, delete the route-map configuration present in interface configuration and then re-apply the same route-map configuration after adjacencies are resolved.

I tried  the work arounds but it doesnt work.

Have any one faced similar kind of issue.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am quite puzzled about what you are trying to accomplish - and especially why you would try to set the default next-hop to the IP address of the interface where PBR is configured.

set ip default next-hop 12.1.1.

interface Vlan10

ip address 12.1.1.1/24

I suspect that this is why the router is using the normal default route (since pointing to your own address as next hop is not a valid route).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card