Views
Helpful
Replies

route-map Q

mohAmed khAdr
Level 1
Level 1

All,

This may sound odd, but, I aint going pretend...

Here's is it:

When you redis static or even dyn routes(eigrp,os,bgp) shouldn't I be able to ping & trace route after redis?

I redistribute simple static route into eigrp with a route-map....I could not either ping or trace it back, even thought I can see the route in the routing table.

Pls. see attached.

THx.

mohamed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mohamed,

your static route on R1 is using as outgoing interface the same interface fastethernet0/0 that runs EIGRP towards R2?

It looks like so, to whom is supposed to belong the IP address 177.77.1.177 ?

There is a third router on the same IP subnet 172.20.1.0/24 to which this IP address 177.77.1.177 belongs?

If there is no third device, nobody can answer to ping or to traceroute probes.

The presence of a route in the routing table does not imply that traffic can be really sent or received to/from the associated IP subnet. (to the route)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mohamed,

your static route on R1 is using as outgoing interface the same interface fastethernet0/0 that runs EIGRP towards R2?

It looks like so, to whom is supposed to belong the IP address 177.77.1.177 ?

There is a third router on the same IP subnet 172.20.1.0/24 to which this IP address 177.77.1.177 belongs?

If there is no third device, nobody can answer to ping or to traceroute probes.

The presence of a route in the routing table does not imply that traffic can be really sent or received to/from the associated IP subnet. (to the route)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Jiuse,

You the main man...always....

Seems when I ever I get stuck...here you come to the rescue.....

Thx again.

mohamed

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card