Views
Helpful
Replies

route-map Q

mohAmed khAdr
Level 1
Level 1

All,

This may sound odd, but, I aint going pretend...

Here's is it:

When you redis static or even dyn routes(eigrp,os,bgp) shouldn't I be able to ping & trace route after redis?

I redistribute simple static route into eigrp with a route-map....I could not either ping or trace it back, even thought I can see the route in the routing table.

Pls. see attached.

THx.

mohamed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mohamed,

your static route on R1 is using as outgoing interface the same interface fastethernet0/0 that runs EIGRP towards R2?

It looks like so, to whom is supposed to belong the IP address 177.77.1.177 ?

There is a third router on the same IP subnet 172.20.1.0/24 to which this IP address 177.77.1.177 belongs?

If there is no third device, nobody can answer to ping or to traceroute probes.

The presence of a route in the routing table does not imply that traffic can be really sent or received to/from the associated IP subnet. (to the route)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mohamed,

your static route on R1 is using as outgoing interface the same interface fastethernet0/0 that runs EIGRP towards R2?

It looks like so, to whom is supposed to belong the IP address 177.77.1.177 ?

There is a third router on the same IP subnet 172.20.1.0/24 to which this IP address 177.77.1.177 belongs?

If there is no third device, nobody can answer to ping or to traceroute probes.

The presence of a route in the routing table does not imply that traffic can be really sent or received to/from the associated IP subnet. (to the route)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Jiuse,

You the main man...always....

Seems when I ever I get stuck...here you come to the rescue.....

Thx again.

mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card