Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing and NAT

HI team, 

Im quite confused when using NAT, this might seem a chucky question, but I just want to confirm if Im getting it correct the funcionality of NAT

I have the following topology, where PCs on the LAN (on the left) want to reach the WWW server (in this example) , so basically is a communication where on R1 I have to create a Dynamic NAT to translate the private hosts and a static NAT on R2 to translate the WWW server. 

NAT.JPG

Since I cannot advertise the public IPs on the routing protocol, is it required or valid to use static route? 

cause what confused me is that each lan has to reach each other but using public IPs

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

After you have configured the NAT, you can use default routes on both edge routers or specify the public IPs using static route otherwise the router will not able to know the source each other.

Hope it is useful.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi

After you have configured the NAT, you can use default routes on both edge routers or specify the public IPs using static route otherwise the router will not able to know the source each other.

Hope it is useful.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Thank you Julio, I see what you mean, 

Thanks for your time, 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card