Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Routing over VPC

Hello, I’m connecting a pair of nexus 9ks to a pair of catalyst 9500 stack virtual via a layer 2 VPC to extend some vlans to the nexus, but I also want to have some Layer 3 vlans on the nexus only. Can I create a layer 3 transport vlan between the  n...

NETAD by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good morning.   I have 2 switches Type 3650 one has 24 ports the second has 48 port. additional each switch has 4 slots for g-bic modules. 2 gigabit and 2 ten gigabit. I have to establish a connection via fiber optic from switch to switch as tengigab...

Hi,   I am a networking newbie and Just joined a company as IT Admin. I inherited a working flat network with 0 Vlans. Around 30 devices connected to a Cisco SF-300 48P Poe Switch operating on L3 mode.I created around 5 vlans on this,gave them interf...

NW Design wo pbx.png
zeeyad by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,   Just starting out on my journey to become certified. Working through the pluralsite videos amongs other material.   Just got to the basic configuration of a cisco router segment, basically I am connecting two laptops to the fast ethernet ...

Resolved! QOS Policing

Looking for some advice regarding Policing traffic.   We have 6509 switches at one site that connect to 3750 switches at another site via a 100Mb/s link.   police bps burst-normal burst-max conform-action action exceed-action action violate-action ac...

Hi all,   New to this group and getting back into networking after a few years in telecoms   I know this is a basic question but would like to know the best way to tackle the following.   I have a L2 switch on my network.  I trying to ' feel ' my way...

smk391 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Community,   we are currently on ROMMON 12.2(17r)SX5 and IOS 12.2 and want to upgrade to 15.1 with minimal downtime. Question:   - Is ROMMON 12.2(17r)SX7 update really needed to run IOS 15.1? In Release Notes ROMMON 12.2(18r)S1 or later is menti...

Hi to all,how to upgrade the rommon on a VSS with 4500X ?- copy the rommon software to bootflash and sup-bootflash.- reload and type ctrl-c for break sequence - Configure the boot parameter in rommon mode .   boot cat4500-e-promupgrade-150_1r_SG2 Is ...

Alex49 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

in above scenario ospf , when the connection between two switches was downed.(in any reason )router R4 can not ping 192.168.13.1 ( R1 interface 0/1) . in this situation we want ping this ip with path up ( R2--R1) . how can handle this problem ??thank...

a.png

Hi, I have been looking for an answer, I know that it might be out of cisco topic, but dont know where else to find a light to determine the reason or if Im thinking the correct answer   many network admins ask for tracert from the end workstation wh...

Hello,I'm securing some network base on 2960 (we've old 2950 an we will make decision whether to buy cca 250x 2960S or some other junipper ekvivalent with ipv6 security)  . I'm using ipv4 on switchports but I need to secure IPv6 "~arp" to, Will cisco...

prikryl by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes