Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Help

zainbinzain
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

Kindly Help me my network is working fine but internet speed slow so i  got new line with 20Mbps but i don`t want to remove my old line coz its  live IP so what it want i want to give some client 20Mbps all client  are joined to the Domain here is the pic

Thanks

(http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2562/presentation1qf.jpg)

Mr  X (MCC, Partner, MVP) 73,760 Points

In this case, I would recommend using Forefront TMG as a firewall.  This is because it has an ISP Redundancy feature that be used to  configure to ISP WAN connections using:

• Load Balancing mode with failovering
  • Failovering only

More details here: http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/microsoft-forefront-tmg-isp-redundancy-mode.html

Another option is to have a router that will have such ability. This  router will be place in the location showed in the following picture.

Dear

how it will work all client will get internet from DSL modem? but we  have some site which can`t not be accessible from public IP i don`t want  to give the all client to access internet few of them will be use  20Mbps i`m rely out of mind coz i don`t know much  about routing

OK then in this case, you will need a router that should be able to  route traffic based on the source IP / VLAN. If you want to have a CISCO  equipment, you can ask them in CISCO forums for more details:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa
6 Replies 6

atef yamin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zain,

You have few options here. Although it depends on your environment. Do you have a Cisco router? your picture doestn indicate anything. However, if you do have a Cisco router, you can use PBR based on originating address.

I guess you should give a more clear view of your network.

HTH

Dear Atef

We don`t have Router but we have switches I’m new in this work and i will upload network diagram

The thing is i want to use this 20Mbps in my network what i was thinking before is i will make secondary DNS and it will work but when i got DSL line I’m stuck how to configure it

Thanks

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi
wht is the model of this switch n wht is the image u rrunning on it

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Dear

We are using cisco 2960 catalyst switch and i don`t understand about image Running ot it how i can know about it?

Hi

Sh version will give u the image details.

I am afraid  that you will not be able to have PBR on this switch.

Thanks

atef yamin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

If you are using a 2960 switch which is a layer 2 switch and you dont have a router either, then your options are limited.

If you have signle Vlan for all your hosts, then you can simply plug the new line into your switch and configure your DHCP server to static entries for those clients to get the new line's ip address as their default gateways.

If you have multiple Vlans, (which I doubt because you said you dont have a router nor is your switch a layer 3), then you can simple have proper subnetting and relay -agent configured to hand the hosts right default gateways.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card