Views
Helpful
Replies

RPS 2300

Madhan Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My client is using RPS 2300 redundant power supply system for Cisco 3750G switches. It is having 750w  power source module. For how many switches it will act as a backup power source at a time?.

Thanks & Regards

R.MADHANKUMAR    

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is for protecting a switch from an internal powersupply error or accidental knockout of a powercable.

it can maximum support 2 switches at the same time.

if you add another powersupply it will support 2 units simultaniously out of the 6 that is the max available to install cabeling on

so if you install 6 3750G on a rps 2300 it will monitor and protext all of them from internal powersupply error or if the power gets accidentally dislodged but it can only provide power to a total of 2 switches of the 6, at the same time.

it will not be able to take the load of all 6 switches.

if you need all 6 to be able to function the you need the 3750x with powerstacking and dual powersupplys.

that way you can have up to 8 different powersources for 4 switches and 4 for the other two.

or the rps 2300 to cover all of them at the same time as they can have dual powersupplys.

Good luck

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

It will be the powersupply for 1 3750G unit maximum.

3750e and 2560e with 1150w is not supported (for quite obvious reasons)

I would guess that thesame is to be said about the 3750x and 3560x.

good luck

HTH

Hi hobbe,

Thanks for your reply.

If it is supporting only one switch at a time , what is the purpose of using RPS?.

If I want to make this device to support all the availabe switches, what I have to do?.

Thanks & Regards

R.MADHANKUMAR

Take a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps7148/ps7130/prod_presentation0900aecd805bbf15.pdf

It should support 2 switches, depending on model and power requirements.

HTH,

Ian

It is for protecting a switch from an internal powersupply error or accidental knockout of a powercable.

it can maximum support 2 switches at the same time.

if you add another powersupply it will support 2 units simultaniously out of the 6 that is the max available to install cabeling on

so if you install 6 3750G on a rps 2300 it will monitor and protext all of them from internal powersupply error or if the power gets accidentally dislodged but it can only provide power to a total of 2 switches of the 6, at the same time.

it will not be able to take the load of all 6 switches.

if you need all 6 to be able to function the you need the 3750x with powerstacking and dual powersupplys.

that way you can have up to 8 different powersources for 4 switches and 4 for the other two.

or the rps 2300 to cover all of them at the same time as they can have dual powersupplys.

Good luck

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: