cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Schedule Port Activity

PaulXb123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I got a SF300-24PP switch, and I was wondering, is it possible to schedule to have a port disabled, and re-enabled? Like, have it enabled from 8:00AM to 5:00PM.

If so how would I go about doing this? This would be much more convenient then having to unplug and re-plug the port everyday. This is just to control the use of the guest wifi.

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

these device dont support eem would have been useful for this

you could try a time based ipv4 access-list prevent access that way , there supported on that platform

Thanks for the response. This would be under Access Control - IPv4-Based ACL?

Also, if I understand correctly, I would just be blocking an ip range equal to my DHCP network pool? My only issue with this is we have another network we use and while it's unlikely anyone will be here after 4:00pm, it would be nice to keep that network access active.

If I'm blocking my network pool, is it possible to set up a DHCP pool for different ports? Right now we have two wifi access points connected to the Switch. Is it possible to assign a network pool to each access point? If so how would I go about doing this? It seems I can create multiple pools but its not clear how I control how it's used.

Seems like an easy bypass by setting up a static IP, but I doubt anyone would go that far. We're only concerned with kids camping outside after hours.

Yes the doc shows these switches are capable of time based acl so it should be in the ipv4 section

is the guest wifi not on its own vlan or is it tied in with the wireless vlan ?

you would need to have 2 vlans to shut one set of ports down and leave another set up one for standard WiFi and 1 for guest wifi  , a dhcp vlan for each pool as well, set the access-list to block all traffic in and out of guest vlan between certain times and apply it to the layer 3 vlan where the ip is based

admin guide is pretty useful for configuring these switches and how to do it

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/78-19308-01.pdf

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card